Thursday, 3 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Rogatica, where the alleged crimes were committed. Photo courtesy of N1.

The Bosnian state prosecution filed an indictment on Tuesday accusing Zoran Neskovic, Panto Pantovic, Slavisa Djeric alias Djera, Nenad Ujic and Pero Despot of committing crimes against prisoners who were being held at the Rasadnik agricultural facility in Rogatica in July 1995.

“The defendants have been charged with multiple beatings, robbing, sexual abuse and humiliation and other forms of grave abuse of prisoners. The majority of the victims sustained severe physical and mental injuries and damage to their health, the consequences of which they still feel,” the prosecution said in a statement.

The suspects have also been charged with killing a detained cleric, who was taken out of the Rasadnik facility and shot.

Neskovic, Pantovic, Djeric, Ujic and Despot have been charged, as members of the Bosnian Serb Army military police, with breaching the Geneva Conventions on the protection of civilians in time of war.

The prosecution alleges that Neskovic was the commander of the detention centre at the Rasadnik agricultural facility in Rogatica and the other defendants were working there as guards.

Bosniak civilians from the Rogatica, Zepa and Srebrenica areas were held at Rasadnik in late July 1995, the indictment says.

There were more than 40 detainees, mostly elderly people, two minors and more than ten people in need of medical assistance. They had been kidnapped from a convoy escorted by international peacekeeping forces on the road between Zepa and Kladanj.

The indictment has been filed to the state court for confirmation.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
UN Court Again Refuses Bosnian Croat Wartime Leader Early Release
The UN war crimes court in The Hague has rejected a request for early release from former Bosnian Croat political chief Jadranko Prlic, citing his “heinous” crimes and “insufficient” rehabilitation.
Bosnian Croat Ex-Fighters Charged with Wartime Prisoner Abuses
The Bosnian state prosecution charged seven former Croatian Defence Council military policemen and civilian police officers with unlawfully detaining and assaulting dozens of Bosniaks in the Zepce area in 1993 and 1994.
Bosnia Charges Ten with War Crimes Against Serb Prisoners
Ukraine Does Not Get to Penalize All Crimes against Children