Srebrenica Bosniaks’ Bodies Seen at School and Warehouse

26. April 2016.16:46

At the trial of five former Serb policemen for genocide in Srebrenica, a prosecution witness said he saw Bosniaks’ corpses near a school in Bratunac and at a warehouse in Kravica in July 1995.

Prosecution witness Milovan Djokic, a former driver with the military police of the Bratunac Brigade of the Bosnian Serb Army, told the state court in Sarajevo on Tuesday that in July 1995, he was tasked with going to the school building in Bratunac, where buses and trucks carrying Srebrenica prisoners were parked.

Djokic testified that a Bosniak from Srebrenica jumped out of a window on the second floor of the school building.

“A soldier shot at him, so he fell. The soldier was in front of the school,” the witness recalled.

He said he also saw two or three corpses in civilian clothes in front of the school building.

Djokic was testifying at the trial of Miodrag Josipovic, Branimir Tesic, Dragomir Vasic, Danilo Zoljic and Radomir Pantic, who are charged with committing genocide in Srebrenica, which included the forcible resettlement of the local population and the capture and execution of the men.

According to the charges, Josipovic was the chief of the public security station in Bratunac, while Tesic was the deputy commander of the town’s police station.

Vasic was the commander of the Zvornik police force headquarters and chief of the public security centre in the town, Zoljic was the commander of its special units, while Pantic was the commander of the First Company of the special units.

Witness Djokic said he was assigned to a bus carrying men from Srebrenica, who, he was told, were going to be freed in a prisoner exchange.

He said that while escorting the bus, he passed by an agricultural cooperative in Kravica and saw corpses of Srebrenica Bosniaks in front of its warehouse.

Also on Tuesday, at the trial of three former fighters for wartime crimes in Trnovo, a prosecution witnesses described how he found out about the murder of his parents and cousins in the summer of 1992.

Witness Djordjo Kravljaca said he last saw his uncle Mirko and aunt Kosa Kravljaca alive in the village of Presjenica in 1992.

He said his uncle was ill and had difficulties walking, and decided to stay at home with his wife after an attack by the Bosnian Army on Presjenica on July 7, 1992.

“We withdrew with the civilians. He told me ‘good luck’, and he stayed at home. We only managed to visit his house some time in 1997 or 1998. There was a bed on which we found a jaw and a few teeth. One could see that a person had been burned by that bed. We found my aunt’s bones inside the house later on,” Kravljaca said.

Edhem Godinjak, Medaris Saric and Mirko Bunoza are charged with committing crimes against prisoners and civilians in the Trnovo area.

They are accused of participating in a joint criminal enterprise aimed at killing and detaining Serbs in villages in the Trnovo area.

According to the charges, Godinjak was the chief of the public security station in Trnovo, Saric was the commander of the Territorial Defence headquarters and Bunoza was the commander of local Croatian Defence Forces units.

Autor Detektor