Thursday, 3 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Sabic has been charged with bribing Bosnian state court judge Azra Miletic and was found guilty under a second instance verdict for illicit drug trafficking. He was placed under prohibitive measures, which included a ban on meeting certain individuals.

The start of the trial against Sabic, Ramo Brkic and Azra Miletic, accused of corruption in the judiciary, was postponed twice in December 2015 due to Sabic’s failure to appear in court.

At the time, Sabic’s defense attorney Husein Music said his client couldn’t be reached over the phone. He also said he had indirectly obtained information that Sabic had found a job abroad.

Sabic was arrested in February 2015, following the opening of the investigation in the case. He was released and allowed to defend himself at liberty.

Sabic also failed to appear in court on November 6, 2015, the day of his sentencing. The appeals chamber found Sabic guilty of producing and selling drugs and sentenced him to ten years in prison.

Sabic’s defense said he failed to appear at the pronouncement of the verdict because he wasn’t feeling well.

His last appearance at the Bosnian state court was on November 4, 2015, when he attended a hearing in the case charging him with offering a bribe to state court judge Azra Miletic along with Ramo Brkic. Miletic allegedly accepted the bribe.

According to the charges, Brkic and Sabic promised a certain amount of money to Miletic in order to influence the outcome of a second instance trial in which they were facing charges for illicit drug trafficking and abuse of an official position.

Another chamber rendered the verdict in their case after Miletic had been suspended from her post.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
UN Court Again Refuses Bosnian Croat Wartime Leader Early Release
The UN war crimes court in The Hague has rejected a request for early release from former Bosnian Croat political chief Jadranko Prlic, citing his “heinous” crimes and “insufficient” rehabilitation.
Bosnian Croat Ex-Fighters Charged with Wartime Prisoner Abuses
The Bosnian state prosecution charged seven former Croatian Defence Council military policemen and civilian police officers with unlawfully detaining and assaulting dozens of Bosniaks in the Zepce area in 1993 and 1994.
Bosnia Charges Ten with War Crimes Against Serb Prisoners
Ukraine Does Not Get to Penalize All Crimes against Children