Friday, 4 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

During a pretrial status conference, the prosecution indicated that four witnesses would testify under protection measures, a medical expert witness would be examined and 20 pieces of material evidence will be included in the case file.

The defense said it hadn’t been able to begin preparing for the trial, because it had received witness statements which had been reedited. The defense requested that the trial chamber approve the engagement of an additional defense attorney.

Trial chamber chair Mira Smajlovic said she would respond to the defense’s request at a later stage.

The start of the trial will be also scheduled at a later time, once the court has received information on the availability of courtrooms.

Dostic, a former member of the Bosnian Serb Army (VRS), has been charged with raping a woman in the village of Ljubovic in the municipality of Foca several times from April to December 1992. The woman was in an advanced stage of pregnancy.

He was arrested in Foca on October 8, 2015.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Local Wartime Security Chief Acquitted of Rape Charges in Bosnia
Bosnia's state court ruled that Andrija Bjelosevic was not guilty of the multiple rape of a Bosniak woman in Derventa during the 1990s war, questioning the reliability of her testimony.
Bosnian Serb Ex-Soldier Convicted of Forced Disappearances
The Bosnian state court convicted wartime Bosnian Serb Army soldier Zoran Ilic of the forced disappearances of 16 Bosniak civilians who were seized by troops near Rogatica in June 1992.
Bosnian Serb Ex-Soldiers Plead Not Guilty to Aiding Genocide
Seven Bosnian Army Ex-Troops Convicted of Wartime Prisoner Abuse
Bosnia Convicts Serb Ex-Fighter of Raping Woman Prisoner