Thursday, 3 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Almin Dautbegovic, Prijic’s attorney, told BIRN on Thursday that the appeal had been filed and that he is currently filing additional documentation.
 
A German court in the city of Dortmund decided to extradite Prijic to Italy, as he allegedly committed crimes against Italian citizens during the Bosnian war and there is an outstanding warrant out for his arrest.
 
The European court will come to a final decision on whether Prijic’s extradition would be a violation of his rights, as he was already sentenced and served his time for killing Italian soldiers during the Bosnian war.

In 2002, Prijic was sentenced to 13 years in prison in Bosnia and Herzegovina, after being found guilty of halting a convoy of Italian nationals on Mount Radovan near Gornji Vakuf. He was convicted for killing several Italians in a nearby forest and stealing from the convoy.
 
Four months ago, Prijic was arrested in Dortmund, where he was travelling as a tourist. The German authorities arrested him based on an outstanding Italian warrant.
 
Prijic has been held in extradition detention and the Bosnian authorities cannot request that he be returned to Bosnia and Herzegovina.
 
“In this case we have no legal basis to ask for his extradition, however, we have informed both the German and Italian authorities that Prijic has served his time for this crime,” the Bosnian Ministry of Justice told BIRN.
 
The court in Dortmund said that it applied the European Convention on Extradition in Prijic’s case, which has been signed by Bosnia and Herzegovina, Germany and Italy.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
UN Court Again Refuses Bosnian Croat Wartime Leader Early Release
The UN war crimes court in The Hague has rejected a request for early release from former Bosnian Croat political chief Jadranko Prlic, citing his “heinous” crimes and “insufficient” rehabilitation.
Bosnian Croat Ex-Fighters Charged with Wartime Prisoner Abuses
The Bosnian state prosecution charged seven former Croatian Defence Council military policemen and civilian police officers with unlawfully detaining and assaulting dozens of Bosniaks in the Zepce area in 1993 and 1994.
Bosnia Charges Ten with War Crimes Against Serb Prisoners
Ukraine Does Not Get to Penalize All Crimes against Children