Friday, 4 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

According to the indictment, Ikanovic participated in the murder of a Croat civilian in the Derventa area in October 1992. He allegedly committed the murder in his capacity as a member of the Vucijacka Brigade of the Bosnian Serb Army, along with another member of that unit, who died in 2012.

Milivoje Popovic, a former member of the Vucijacka Brigade of the Bosnian Serb Army, said that following the return of brigade members from a battlefield in Brod in October 1992, a rumour circulated among the soldiers that an old woman had been killed.

“Later on we heard that a Croat woman, called Anica Andjelic, had been killed. My father and uncle buried her. Stanko Vukmirovic said Slavko stabbed the woman with a knife. Stanko Vukmirovic shot at her,” Popovic said, adding that Ikanovic was redeployed to Doboj after the murder.

Witness Rade Danilovic also said Ikanovic was redeployed to Doboj following the murder of Anica Andjelic.

“I know what six neighbouring villages know – that some old woman was killed. Slavko was transferred from our brigade to another place. I guess it was due to that mistake. His neighbours disapproved of it,” Danilovic said.

The trial will continue on May 4.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Bosnian Army Ex-Soldiers Jailed for Beating Prisoners
Former Bosnian Army soldiers Muhko and Safet Velagic were found guilty of committing war crimes against prisoners of war in the Bugojno area in July 1993. The Cantonal Court in Novi Travnik sentenced Muhko Velagic was sentenced to seven years in prison and Safet Velagic to six years for war crimes against prisoners of war.
Bosnian Serb Policeman Jailed for Shooting Civilian
Former policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic was sentenced to three years in prison for shooting a civilian dead in the Ribnik area in August 1992. The District Court in Banja Luka on Tuesday convicted ex-policeman Mladjen Vasiljevic of committing crimes against the civilian population in the Ribnik area.
Policeman Convicted of Murdering Bosniak Brothers, Sister
Bosnian Serb Soldier Acquitted of Sokolac Beating
Bosnian Serb Soldier Jailed for Prisoners’ Beating, Murder
Bosnian Boxing Star Acquitted of Wartime Crimes