Friday, 29 august 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Radoman Fundup, a former member of the Focanska Brigade of the Bosnian Serb Army, has been charged with the murder and abuse of civilians in the Foca area.

The indictment alleges that he participated in the murder of two children and five persons and the wounding of one woman in Cohodar Mahala, in collaboration with two other persons.

Fundup has also been charged with the abuse of three civilians, including two children. According to the indictment, he also intimidated and threatened civilians in the village of Gornje Polje. He ordered civilians in Gornje Polje to form a line, and accompanied by another person, cocked his rifle in order to simulate their execution.

At today’s hearing, state prosecution witness Sakib Puris told the court he lived with his family in Cohodar Mahala (also known as Codor Mahala) in Foca at the beginning of the war. According to his testimony, his parents were killed in June 1992.

“My mother-in-law called me while I was staying with relatives in Belgrade. She said some Serbs visited her and confirmed that my parents had been killed. She said, ‘You should know that Radoman Fundup killed them,’” Puris said. He said he didn’t know who Radoman Fundup was at the time.

He said his parents were exhumed in Brod, near Foca, in 2000 and buried in Gorazde.

Puris identified his house in Cohodar Mahala as well as other buildings in photographs shown to him by the prosecution.

A protected witness known FR-1 also testified at this hearing, but his testimony was closed to the public.

Defense attorney Slavisa Prodanovic said he would like witness Puris to remain in the courtroom during FR-1’s testimony, so he could hear the truth about the fate of his parents. The chamber rejected this proposal.

The date of the next hearing will be set at a later stage.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Bosnians Lay Flowers, Marking Three Decades Since Sarajevo Market Blast
Relatives commemorated the 30th anniversary of the wartime massacre at the Markale market in Sarajevo, where 43 people were killed by a shell fired from Bosnian Serb positions during the siege of the city.
Moldova Arrests Three Over Russian-Led Training Camps in Bosnia
Three more people have been arrested in Moldova on suspicion of involvement in plotting to cause unrest in the country after allegedly being trained at Russian-run camps in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Bosnia Jails Man for Planning Terror Attack on Mosque