Saturday, 5 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Meron said that, even though the Tribunal’s work was progressing well, certain trials and verdicts would be completed later than previously reported.   

When it comes to Mladic’s trial, the trial will be extended due to the reopening of the Prosecution’s case and reduction of the working week to four days.  

Mladic is on trial at The Hague for genocide in Srebrenica, the persecution of the Bosniak and Croat population in the parts of Bosnia and Herzegovina under Serb control, terror against civilians in Sarajevo and taking UNPROFOR members hostage.

“Meron reassured the Council that these changes were not expected to impact the Tribunal’s closure in 2017,” an announcement issued by the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, ICTY, says.  

Meron said that health condition of detainees and leaving of the Tribunal’s staff members were the two challenges the Tribunal was facing in completing its work.  

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Detektor Journalist Wins First Prize at ‘Remembering Through Art’ Exhibition
A testimony by Srebrenica mother Emina Hajdarevic about the son she lost in the 1995 Srebrenica genocide, filmed by Detektor journalist Lamija Grebo, has won first prize at the Remembering through Art online exhibition.
UN Court Again Refuses Bosnian Croat Wartime Leader Early Release
The UN war crimes court in The Hague has rejected a request for early release from former Bosnian Croat political chief Jadranko Prlic, citing his “heinous” crimes and “insufficient” rehabilitation.
Bosnia Indicts Five Serb Ex-Military Policemen for Genocide
Bosnia Charges Ten with War Crimes Against Serb Prisoners
Ukraine Does Not Get to Penalize All Crimes against Children