Saturday, 22 august 2026.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

The search was conducted today at a request by the Prosecution of Bosnia and Herzegovina with the aim of confiscating documents related to Ilijasevic’s serving of sentence.

Boris Grubesic, spokesperson of the State Prosecution, confirmed that, during the search police confiscated certain documents, adding that the Prosecution of Bosnia and Herzegovina and police agencies would continue their activities aimed at determining the responsibility of persons, who enabled the convict to flee during his prison leave,” the Prosecution announced.

Grubesic said that members of police previously went to the Penal and Correctional Facility in Mostar in order to confiscate the necessary documents, but Facility Director Romeo Zelenika did not want to give them the documents.  

The Prosecution said that Ilijasevic’s flight put the families of war crimes victims in danger, adding that the flight had also had negative effect on the security situation and relations between Bosnia and Herzegovina and the region.

“The Prosecution of Bosnia and Herzegovina and police agencies in collaboration with the Croatian Bar Association is undertaking activities aimed at sending the convict to a prison, where he will serve his sentence, process him and punish him for the flight,” the announcement says.  

The Penal and Correctional Facility in Mostar was not able to say anything about the search or the confiscated documents.

Ilijasevic, former member of “Maturice” Special Purposes Unit with the Croatian Defence Council, HVO, was sentenced for having committed crimes against the local population in Vares and Kiseljak municipalities, including murders committed in Stupni Do village.  

On September 24 he failed to return from his prison leave. After having received a confirmation that he was in Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina requested the execution of sanctions in accordance with an agreement between the two countries. 

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Srebrenica Anniversary Exhibitions Return to New York
Two exhibitions on the 1995 genocide first presented in 2025 will reopen together this July at UN headquarters.
Exhibition Offers Insight into Everyday Life Inside Besieged Srebrenica
Marking the annual genocide commemoration, the Srebrenica Memorial Centre opened an exhibition entitled ‘Facing Srebrenica: Views from the Besieged City’, featuring photographs that show how people lived inside the besieged enclave during wartime.
BIRN BiH and Faculty of Criminalistics Sign Cooperation Agreement