This post is also available in: Bosnian
During a hearing at which appeals against a verdict against five former members of Prijedor police were due to be presented Prosecutor Slavica Terzic announced that, one day prior to the appellate hearing a guilt admission agreement had been concluded with Knezevic, adding that indictee Sasa Zecevic might admit guilt too.
“The indictee gave a statement about the events at Koricanske stijene. The Prosecution is still conducting an investigation about other perpetrators of this crime. Also, he provided us with other facts that are not related to this crime,” Terzic said.
During this hearing it was not said what sentence was proposed for Knezevic under the guilt admission agreement. Under the first instance verdict, Knezevic was sentenced to 23 years in prison for having participated in the murder of about 200 Bosniak civilians at Koricanske stijene on August 21, 1992.
The Appellate Chamber chaired by Dragomir Vukoje decided to separate Knezevic’s case from the case against the other indictees.
Prosecutor Terzic asked for a break in order to try to conclude a guilt admission agreement with Sasa Zecevic, who too was sentenced under the first instance verdict to 23 years in prison.
According to the verdict pronounced in June last year, Marinko Ljepoja was also sentenced to 23 years, while Petar Civcic and Branko Topola were acquitted of charges for having participated in the shooting of civilians.