Friday, 20 february 2026.
Srebrenica: How Bosnians Reported Their Most Traumatic Story
As the anniversary of Srebrenica approaches, Bosnian journalists recall how the shocking scale of the atrocities slowly became clear in July 1995 as information trickled out and the first eyewitnesses...
Sarajevo Grieves as Srebrenica Dead Transported to Burial
A truck carrying the remains of 35 Srebrenica genocide victims passed through the Bosnian capital ahead of their reburial on the anniversary of the massacres, with locals honouring the dead...
Bosnia Frees Man Who Wanted to Fight in Syria
State Court rules that Amir Haskic intended to fight for Islamic State – but imposes no penalty as he later changed his mind.
Srebrenica Court Verdicts: Do They Make Sense?
Ahead of the 23rd anniversary of the Srebrenica massacres, questions have been raised about whether the verdicts so far are logical, because some commanders have been convicted of less serious...
Srebrenica Prison Sentences: 699 Years and Counting
The Hague Tribunal and domestic courts have sentenced 45 people to 699 years in prison - plus three life sentences - for genocide, crimes against humanity and other offences against...
Srebrenica Suspects Find Safe Haven in Serbia
At least nine Serbs suspected of genocide and other crimes in Srebrenica have fled Bosnia to enjoy refuge from prosecution in Serbia, where they remain free despite alleged involvement in...
Bosnian Serb Ex-Fighter Jailed for Rapes, Illegal Arrests
Slobodan Karagic’s 12-year prison sentence for war crimes against civilians in the Doboj area in 1992, including the rape of minors and the unlawful arrests of Bosniaks, was upheld on...
Three Bosnian Army Ex-Soldiers Convicted of Wartime Rape
The Bosnian state court sentenced three former members of the Army of Bosnia and Herzegovina to a total of 16 years in prison for raping a Serb girl in Sarajevo...
Eight Bosniaks Jailed for 60 Years for Prison Camp Abuses
After a six-year trial, the Bosnian court sentenced eight Bosniaks to a total of 60 years in prison for committing crimes against Serb and Croat civilians illegally held in wartime...
Females Were ‘Youngest and Oldest Victims’ of Srebrenica
A baby and a woman in her nineties were the youngest and oldest victims of Srebrenica to be buried so far, said Bosnia’s Missing Persons Institute as the 23rd anniversary...
Serbian Paramilitary Arkan ‘Shot Captive in Head’
A witness told the trial of former Serbian security officials Jovica Stanisic and Franko Simatovic that he saw Zeljko Raznatovic, alias Arkan, shoot a captive dead in Bosnia and Herzegovina...
Bosnia Charges Two over Thwarted ‘Terror Attack’
Two alleged members of the radical Salafi Islamic movement in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Maksim Bozic and Edin Hastor, were charged with acquiring weapons to carry out a terror attack.