Monday, 18 may 2026.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

At this trial, the prosecution entered into evidence the deposition made by Habibovic in November 2012 during investigation, in which he said he had been a reserve policeman in the police station in Stupari, and that he was guarding the building near the old school where people from Serb villages were brought.

“When I came to take over the duty, people were already there, I don’t know who brought them. There was a man with a little girl from Matijevici, I brought them potatoes and chocolate,” said Habibovic in his deposition.

He said that policemen were armed with automatic weapons, but that they put rifles down while on duty when drinking coffee with civilians.

He emphasised that while he was on duty no one was taken away.

“One time two tipsy policemen had a loud argument with an elderly man. The man was holding his back. One of the policemen swung to hit him, but he hit me instead,” he said during investigation.

He said that except for this case, he did not know that anyone was abused, but that he heard one of the policemen treated prisoners badly.

He said it was not true he beat a man up in Stupari.

According to the indictment, in early June 1992, Habibovic as a reserve policeman, together with another two people, participated in the beating up of Ladimir Dragic. In the evening hours of the same day, says in the indictment, Dragic committed suicide.

The defence did not object to the entering of this evidence.

The prosecution and the defence will present their closing arguments on October 29.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Detektor Journalist Wins International Fetisov Journalism Award
Detektor journalist Emina Dizdarevic Tahmiscija has received a 2025 international Fetisov Journalism Award for a series of articles on transitional justice in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Detektor Journalists and Moldovan Colleagues Nominated for Journalism Award for Investigating Russian Camps
Detektor journalists Irvin Pekmez, Enes Hodzic, and Nino Bilajac, alongside co-authors from Moldovan outlet CU SENS, have been nominated for a journalism award in Romania in the categories of investigative journalism and TV and video journalism.