Monday, 18 may 2026.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Krsmanovic said that the witness, who was assigned the pseudonym OZ-1, previously said that he watched the murders from his window. The witness responded by saying that the indictee’s allegation was incorrect.

“I repeat, I was not present there,” the witness said, adding that he found out about the murders from his parents.

When asked if civilians from Sjeverin, Serbia, were killed at that place, the witness said that he did not know, adding that his mother did not know who the civilians were either.

The witness said that the civilians were brought by several cars and that they “were killed and dumped”. According to his findings, between 15 and 20 civilians were killed.

Krsmanovic, former member of the Republika Srpska Army, VRS, is charged with having participated in the kidnapping of 16 civilians from Sjeverin, who were taken from a bus in the Rudo area, in October 1992.

The indictment alleges that the civilians were taken to “Vilina Vlas” hotel, where they were tortured and killed on the banks of the River Drina.

When the witness left the room, the Defence said that the witness obviously did not want to speak about the murders committed near his building due to fear.

The trial of Krsmanovic, who is also charged with other crimes in the Visegrad area, is due to continue on August 19.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Detektor Journalist Wins International Fetisov Journalism Award
Detektor journalist Emina Dizdarevic Tahmiscija has received a 2025 international Fetisov Journalism Award for a series of articles on transitional justice in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Detektor Journalists and Moldovan Colleagues Nominated for Journalism Award for Investigating Russian Camps
Detektor journalists Irvin Pekmez, Enes Hodzic, and Nino Bilajac, alongside co-authors from Moldovan outlet CU SENS, have been nominated for a journalism award in Romania in the categories of investigative journalism and TV and video journalism.