Uncategorized @bs

Charges Against Two Bosnians for Fighting in Syria Confirmed

20. March 2020.13:14
The Bosnian state court confirmed indictments charging Jasmin Keserovic and Senad Kasupovic with organising a terrorist group and fighting in Syria, and Keserovic with inciting others to take part in terrorist activities.

This post is also available in: Bosnian (Bosnian)

The Bosnian state court confirmed the indictment charging Jasmin Keserovic and Senad Kasupovic with terrorist activities connected to the Syrian conflict.

The indictment alleges that, on January 23, 2013, Keserovic left Bosnia and Herzegovina and after arriving in Syria, he joined the Islamic State terrorist organsation, which intended to force regime change through daily armed operations that included attacks against the local population, killings, unlawful detention and hostage-taking.

Keserovic remained a member of Islamic State until December 2019, the indictment claims.

“Alongside other individuals from Bosnia and Herzegovina who were in Syria with the same intention, he participated in terrorist activities, provided help and fought for Islamic State against the legitimate military forces of the state of Syria in the towns of Manbij, Kobani, Raqqa and al-Bab as a member of the Bejt Komandos Unit, which was later renamed El-Aksa,” the court said.

The indictment further alleges that Keserovic, wearing a uniform and armed with an automatic rifle, used media to send a message directly inciting terrorist activities including attacks on the local population and killings.

The prosecution previously announced that in 2019, Keserovic surrendered to anti-Islamic State coalition forces, after which he was deported and handed over to the Bosnian judicial authorities.

The court said that on July 12, 2013, Kasupovic left Bosnia and Herzegovins and after arriving in Syria, he joined Islamic State. He remained a member, alongside other people from Bosnia and Herzegovina, until December 2019.

Kasupovic has also been charged with providing help and fighting for ISIL in Manbij, Kobani, Raqqi and al-Bab as a member of Bejt Komandos Unit, which was later renamed El-Aksa.

Five more Bosnian citizens were flown back to Bosnia and Herzegovina in December 2019 together with Keserovic and Kasupovic.

An indictment charging one of them, Armen Dzelko, was also recently confirmed, while Muharem Dunic, Emir Alisic, Miralem Berbic and Hamza Labidi are still under investigation.

Haris Rovčanin


This post is also available in: Bosnian (Bosnian)