Saturday, 5 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

At a preliminary hearing before the Bosnian state court, Radakovic’s lawyer Sinisa Dakic said that the imposition of the order restraining his client’s movements for 199 days had caused him psychological torment as he had a sick wife and his two daughters had died.

Dakic said that “for 199 days could not visit the place where his daughters were buried or visit his wife”.

The Bosnian state’s legal representative Safija Krestalica rejected the claim.

“We do not see any irregular and unlawful treatment caused by the authorities and people for which the state of Bosnia and Herzegovina is responsible,” said Krestalica.

The Bosnian state court last December cleared Radakovic and another Serb, Goran Pejic, of the murders of five members of the Ecimovic family, saying the prosecution had failed to prove its case.

Radakovic and Pejic had been accused of going to the village of Tukovi on June 13, 1992, when one of the defendants allegedly killed three members of the Ecimovic family in one house, then both of them opened fire in a second house, killing two more members of the family.

But the judge said that the only fact determined by the court was that Tomo, Marija, Katarina, Nikola and Cecilija Ecimovic were killed, and that testimony from a witness who said he drove the defendants to the Ecimovic family house and waited for them in the car was insufficient to establish their guilt.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Detektor Journalist Wins First Prize at ‘Remembering Through Art’ Exhibition
A testimony by Srebrenica mother Emina Hajdarevic about the son she lost in the 1995 Srebrenica genocide, filmed by Detektor journalist Lamija Grebo, has won first prize at the Remembering through Art online exhibition.
UN Court Again Refuses Bosnian Croat Wartime Leader Early Release
The UN war crimes court in The Hague has rejected a request for early release from former Bosnian Croat political chief Jadranko Prlic, citing his “heinous” crimes and “insufficient” rehabilitation.
Bosnia Indicts Five Serb Ex-Military Policemen for Genocide
Bosnia Charges Ten with War Crimes Against Serb Prisoners
Ukraine Does Not Get to Penalize All Crimes against Children