Friday, 21 august 2026.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

The Missing Persons Institute said on Monday that the remains of at least five people have been exhumed from the grave at the Rogoj mountain pass in the municipality of Trnovo, in the country’s Serb-dominated Republika Srpska entity.

“In the wooded area of Rogoj, natural sinkholes which are around four metres deep were used for hiding the remains of the victims. Some parts of human skeletons were even found in nylon bags,” the Missing Persons Institute said.

The bodies are believed to be those of Bosniaks who were killed in the war.

The mass grave is a ‘secondary’ grave, meaning that the remains had been buried somewhere else first, but were then dug up, moved and reburied.

This was often done in attempts to conceal evidence of wartime crimes.

The exhumed remains have been transported to the Autopsy and Identification Centre in Gorazde, where bone samples will be taken for DNA analysis.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
‘Return Hubs’ for Migrants Anticipated in Balkans for ‘Era of Deportations’
As the EU awaits final approval for plans to set up ‘return hubs’ in third countries for migrants awaiting deportation, it’s predicted that Balkan countries could end up hosting such holding centres despite concerns about human rights violations.
US Right-Wing Heritage Foundation Promotes Changes to Bosnia’s Peace Agreement
Researchers for the Heritage Foundation, an influential Trump-linked US conservative organisation, have been advocating for a third, Croat-led entity in Bosnia and Herzegovina – and discussing the controversial idea with European parliamentarians.
Srebrenica Anniversary Exhibitions Return to New York