Sunday, 6 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Ekrem committed his crime in his capacity as head of military security for the Srebrenik Municipal Headquarters of the Territorial Defence force, the court found.

According to the charges, the five Serb detainees were held in a three-metre-by-three-metre room at the Rapatnica detention facility with no windows, washrooms or basic hygiene.

Explaining the verdict, judge Dragomir Vukoje said it had been proved at the trial that the defendant committed a war crime against the civilian population.

“The people who were held in detention were not direct participants in the conflict and had previously handed over their weapons,” Vukoje said.

Ibracevic “failed to undertake actions to improve conditions in the detention facilities”, he added.

Under the first-instance verdict in October 2016, Ibracevic was also sentenced to three years in prison, but the verdict was revoked and a retrial ordered.

Ibracevic stood trial the first time with two other men, Faruk Smajlovic and Sejdalija Covic, but they were acquitted under a separate second-instance verdict of unlawful detention, torture and inhumane treatment.

Smajlovic was the commander of the traffic section of the military police in charge of guarding detention facilities, while Covic was a military policeman.

Friday’s verdict convicting Ibracevic cannot be appealed.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Detektor Journalist Wins First Prize at ‘Remembering Through Art’ Exhibition
A testimony by Srebrenica mother Emina Hajdarevic about the son she lost in the 1995 Srebrenica genocide, filmed by Detektor journalist Lamija Grebo, has won first prize at the Remembering through Art online exhibition.
Pro-Russian Telegram Channels Try to Spark Discontent over Dodik Warrant
The most influential pro-Russian Telegram channels have been publishing a series of inflammatory articles about an arrest warrant for Republika Srpska President Milorad Dodik, apparently intended to stir up public discontent.
Syria Looks to Bosnia’s Experience to Deal with War’s Mass Graves
Parents Worried About Injuries to Children in New TikTok Challenges
Bosnian Croat Ex-Fighters Charged with Wartime Prisoner Abuses