Saturday, 5 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Radovan Cetic, Dusan Milunic, Radomir Stojnic, Dusko Zoric, Zoran Stojnic, Zeljko Grbic, Ilija Zoric, Zoran Milunic, Bosko Grujicic, Ljubisa Cetic, Rade Grujcic, Uros Grujcic, Zdravko Antonic and Rajko Gnjatovic have been charged with war crimes in Zecovi.

According to the charges, from July 23 to 28, 1992, they participated in a joint criminal enterprise with the civil and military authorities of the municipality of Prijedor, which executed a widespread and systematic attack in Zecovi with the army and police of Republika Srpska.

During the attack at least 150 Bosniak civilians were killed in the territory of Zecovi.

The indictment alleges that at the time Milunic was the commander of the Rasavacka Company of the 6thBattalion of the 43rd Brigade of the Bosnian Serb Army, Radomir Stojnic was the commander of the reserve police station in Rasavci, while Radovan Cetic was the president of the Serbian Democratic Party and the crisis committee for the village of Rasavci. The other defendants were members of the Rasavacka Company, police forces and other formations.

At today’s hearing, Radovan Cetic’s defense attorney, Ranko Dakic, notified the court that his client’s brother had died.

“While I was on my way to the court, I heard that my client’s brother had died. I informed him. He hadn’t known. I consider that he is uncapable of following the trial now,” Dakic said.

The trial chamber allowed the trial to be postponed.

Dakic requested that Cetic, who is currently being held in custody, be allowed to attend the funeral.

“Prepare a written motion on where the funeral will be held and send it to us, so we can solve that as soon as possible,” said trial chamber chairman Saban Maksumic.

The trial began on April 17. One prosecution witness has been examined so far.

The trial will continue on May 29.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Detektor Journalist Wins First Prize at ‘Remembering Through Art’ Exhibition
A testimony by Srebrenica mother Emina Hajdarevic about the son she lost in the 1995 Srebrenica genocide, filmed by Detektor journalist Lamija Grebo, has won first prize at the Remembering through Art online exhibition.
UN Court Again Refuses Bosnian Croat Wartime Leader Early Release
The UN war crimes court in The Hague has rejected a request for early release from former Bosnian Croat political chief Jadranko Prlic, citing his “heinous” crimes and “insufficient” rehabilitation.
Bosnia Indicts Five Serb Ex-Military Policemen for Genocide
Bosnia Charges Ten with War Crimes Against Serb Prisoners
Ukraine Does Not Get to Penalize All Crimes against Children