Saturday, 22 august 2026.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Prosecutor Ibro Bulic said that State Prosecution investigators neither found Aleksic in the house, where his wife lives, nor at his father’s address.

“They said that Aleksic had not visited them for quite some time, because of certain family problems. The Prosecution will not insist on examining this witness, considering the fact that he was examined before and that his previous statements were presented to the Court,” Bulic said.

At a hearing held on January 27, 2011 Aleksic denied certain allegations contained in a note made during the investigation. The Prosecution then proposed to the Court to invite him again in order to present him with a video recording taken while he was examined during the investigation.

A video recording taken during a visit to the crime scene by Trial Chamber members, the Prosecutor, Defence attorneys and other officials last year, was included as evidence. The locations visited during the visit included Potocari, Kravica and the road between Konjevic polje and Bratunac, which are mentioned in the indictment.

At this hearing Prosecutor Bulic filed a revised and unified indictment, which, as he said, contained minor changes based on witness testimonies.

Dusko Jevic, Mendeljev Djuric, Goran Markovic and Nedjo Ikonic are charged with having participated in the forcible resettlement of the Bosniak population from the Srebrenica area and the murder of about 1,000 men in Kravica.

According to the charges, Jevic was Commander of the Jahorina Training Centre with the Special Brigade of Republika Srpska, RS police, Djuric and Ikonic were company commanders and Markovic was a squad commander.

The trial is due to continue on Thursday, February 23.
M.T.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Srebrenica Anniversary Exhibitions Return to New York
Two exhibitions on the 1995 genocide first presented in 2025 will reopen together this July at UN headquarters.
Exhibition Offers Insight into Everyday Life Inside Besieged Srebrenica
Marking the annual genocide commemoration, the Srebrenica Memorial Centre opened an exhibition entitled ‘Facing Srebrenica: Views from the Besieged City’, featuring photographs that show how people lived inside the besieged enclave during wartime.
BIRN BiH and Faculty of Criminalistics Sign Cooperation Agreement