Monday, 17 august 2026.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

Two days after news of the arrest of International Criminal Tribunal for former Yugoslavia, ICTY, indictee Radovan Karadzic broke, posters were placed on residential buildings in the Zvornik downtown area. The posters show his photo and slogans: “We are all Karadzic” and “President, we adhere to you.” Justice Report has learnt that the posters have been removed in the course of the day.

“Those posters were put up on four residential buildings in downtown area last night. After having informed the Prosecutor about this case, we photographed the locations and we ordered the communal company to remove the posters,” Stanimir Vidovic, chief of the Public Safety Station in Zvornik, said.

Vidovic said that no incidents were registered in Zvornik after the posters had been put up.

The Interior Ministry of Republika Srpska does not have information concerning the posters or the persons who put them up in Zvornik.

“I am not authorized to provide media with this type of information,” says a staff member of the Duty Operational Service, who wanted to remain anonymous.

The Hague indictee, Radovan Karadzic, was arrested in Belgrade on Monday, July 21, after having been on the run for 13 years.

Karadzic is charged with having participated in crimes committed in Bosnia and Herzegovina, including genocide, crime against humanity, violation of laws and practices of warfare and severe violations of the Geneva Convention of 1949. Those crimes were committed in the period from 1991 to 1995.

The indictment alleges, among other things, that Karadzic participated in the crimes committed in Zvornik area, which included an attack on Zvornik municipality, murder, causing severe bodily injuries and detention of the population.

During the course of the war in Bosnia and Herzegovina most non-Serbian residents were expatriated from Zvornik and many were killed within the scope of mass executions. After the war ended, several mass graves were found in Zvornik municipality, in which Srebrenica residents, who were killed after the fall of Srebrenica enclave in July 1995, were buried.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
Srebrenica Anniversary Exhibitions Return to New York
Two exhibitions on the 1995 genocide first presented in 2025 will reopen together this July at UN headquarters.
Exhibition Offers Insight into Everyday Life Inside Besieged Srebrenica
Marking the annual genocide commemoration, the Srebrenica Memorial Centre opened an exhibition entitled ‘Facing Srebrenica: Views from the Besieged City’, featuring photographs that show how people lived inside the besieged enclave during wartime.
BIRN BiH and Faculty of Criminalistics Sign Cooperation Agreement