Thursday, 3 april 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

The exhumation site in Miljkovici in the Mostar area. Photo: Bosnian state prosecution

The Bosnian Missing Persons Institute said on Wednesday that the remains of three presumed Bosniak war victims who disappeared in the Mostar area in 1993 have been exhumed in the settlement of Miljkovici.

“After the exhumation, the parts of the skeletons that were found were transferred to the Sutina City Cemetery, where criminal-technical and forensic processing will follow, as well as the taking of bone samples to determine the identities of the victims through DNA analysis,” the Missing Persons Institute said.

The remains of one of the bodies had been partially burned, but a DNA sample can be taken, Missing Persons Institute spokesperson Emza Fazlic told BIRN.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
UN Court Again Refuses Bosnian Croat Wartime Leader Early Release
The UN war crimes court in The Hague has rejected a request for early release from former Bosnian Croat political chief Jadranko Prlic, citing his “heinous” crimes and “insufficient” rehabilitation.
Bosnian Croat Ex-Fighters Charged with Wartime Prisoner Abuses
The Bosnian state prosecution charged seven former Croatian Defence Council military policemen and civilian police officers with unlawfully detaining and assaulting dozens of Bosniaks in the Zepce area in 1993 and 1994.
Bosnia Charges Ten with War Crimes Against Serb Prisoners
Ukraine Does Not Get to Penalize All Crimes against Children