Saturday, 29 november 2025.
Prijavite se na sedmični newsletter Detektora
Newsletter
Novinari Detektora svake sedmice pišu newslettere o protekloj i sedmici koja nas očekuje. Donose detalje iz redakcije, iskrene reakcije na priče i kontekst o događajima koji oblikuju našu stvarnost.

This post is also available in: Bosnian

The exhumation site in Miljkovici in the Mostar area. Photo: Bosnian state prosecution

The Bosnian Missing Persons Institute said on Wednesday that the remains of three presumed Bosniak war victims who disappeared in the Mostar area in 1993 have been exhumed in the settlement of Miljkovici.

“After the exhumation, the parts of the skeletons that were found were transferred to the Sutina City Cemetery, where criminal-technical and forensic processing will follow, as well as the taking of bone samples to determine the identities of the victims through DNA analysis,” the Missing Persons Institute said.

The remains of one of the bodies had been partially burned, but a DNA sample can be taken, Missing Persons Institute spokesperson Emza Fazlic told BIRN.

Najčitanije
Saznajte više
BIRN BiH Joins in Presenting Database of Facts About War and Handbook for Teachers
The Balkan Investigative Reporting Network of Bosnia and Herzegovina, BIRN BiH, the “Forgotten Children of War” Association, and the Srebrenica Memorial Centre presented a Database of Judicially Established Facts about the War and a handbook, How to Learn ad Teach about the War in Bosnia and Herzegovina, a tool for educating young people, combatting denial and relativization of verdicts, and building peace and mutual understanding.
BIRN BiH Presents Database and Film on Wartime Missing Children
The Balkan Investigative Reporting Network of Bosnia and Herzegovina, BIRN BiH, presented a database of children still being searched for after the 1992-5 war, as well as a documentary, The Unlived Lives, telling a story of three families whose newborn babies disappeared without a trace.