This post is also available in: Bosnian
Kucalovic, whose testimony was primarily closed to public, said that he did not witness the murder of a Bosnian Muslim boy at the Petkovci dam in July 1995.
Kucalovic began testifying on January 23, and said that he did not remember having spoken about the murder during the investigation.
Responding to questions by Boskovic’s defense attorney, Kucalovic said that he gave his original statement under stress and that he felt lost in his dealings with the state prosecution.
According to Kucalovic, after having given his original statement in July of last year he called the Prosecution of Bosnia and Herzegovina and said that he wanted to amend his statement. He then decided to deny his original statement.
The state prosecution presented minutes taken during Kucalovic’s examination, as well as an audio recording and a drawing which was allegedly made by him. The drawing shows the positions of a dredger, the hole, the bodies, as well as the direction in which the murdered boy was moving.
The prosecution also included an official note made after Kucalovic’s telephone conversation with them on July 21, 2014, as well as the original statement he made on July 22, 2014. The prosecution also included a statement and audio recording made when the witness gave a statement regarding the Petkovci incident to the State Investigation and Protection Agency (SIPA).
Boskovic’s defense did not object to the inclusion of the SIPA note, but did object to the inclusion of minutes made by the state prosecution and the accompanying documentation, claiming that they were acquired in an unlawful way.
Boskovic, a former member of the Army of Republika Srpska, is charged with murdering a boy in the village of Djulici in July 1995, while Serb soldiers were killing Bosniaks following the fall of Srebrenica. Boskovic allegedly told the boy that he was free to leave, and then shot him with an automatic gun when he began to walk away.
The trial is scheduled to continue on February 13.